Apartment residents in Ireland had to be woken up early as emergency workers conducted an exhaustive search of the building — all because one resident passed gas.
The incident occurred just before 7 a.m. Monday when a Dublin man reportedly cut the cheese, setting off his unit’s carbon monoxide detector, his girlfriend, Ziz O’Beirne, tweeted. “Now we have a man dressed as a ghost buster from Gas Networks Ireland roaming around our apartment at 7 a.m. on a bank holiday Monday,” she wrote. “This man is now going around our apartment block waking up our neighbours and checking their boilers.”
Now dealing with a number of upset neighbors, O’Beirne is quick to point the finger of guilt at her boyfriend, who she says had a little too much to drink the night before. “Good to be cautious, but deep down I know the cause of this whole ordeal was a rake of pints and an alarm that was too closely placed to my boyfriend’s side of the bed,” she tweeted.
Have you ever had your day ruined by a false alarm? Where’s the most embarrassing place you’ve passed gas?