Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx is addressing an unauthorized play about the band.
The advertising for David Lucarelli’s stage production of “The Crue: Underneath the Dirt Lies the Truth,” apparently uses Sixx’s likeness and the band’s trademark without permission.
Sixx posted on social media today writing, “Fans of Motley Crue have asked about a new play by David Zucarelli’s [sic] called The Crue: Underneath the Dirt Lies the Truth.” I’m disappointed to see an advertisement using my image and our band’s trademark ‘The Crue’ to promote this play. The advertising is misleading because it suggests that I and the other members of the band are somehow involved with the play.”
“The Crue: Underneath the Dirt Lies the Truth” is scheduled to open in June at The Flight Theater at The Complex in Los Angeles.
Has anyone ever taken something from you without asking?
- Tip to winning in sports: Don’t go to a strip club the night before a big game
- Ozzy Osbourne Awaiting Neck Surgery
- First Look At The New David Bowie Documentary “Moonage Daydream”
- Here’s What Fans Get With KISS Pre-Show Experience
- Bruce Springsteen And E Street Band To Tour