The soaring guitar solo from Pink Floyd’s “Comfortably Numb” is one of the most iconic moments in rock history. And David Gilmour apparently nailed it on the first take.
In an interview with Total Guitar, producer Bob Ezrin said Gilmour’s solo “literally brought tears to my eyes” when he first heard it in the studio.
Gilmour recorded “scores of takes”, Ezrin says, but none were better than that first attempt: “It was always that first moment of inspiration that produced the magic”.
What are some of your all-time favorite guitar solos?
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Team Up With Post Malone For Special Stadium Tour
- WATCH: Carlos Santana collapses on stage during show at Pine Knob Music Theatre
- LAV Stadium Tour Flyaway Contest!
- Charlie Watts Authorized Biography In The Works￼
- Steven Tyler Completes Rehab